Return to Practice Begins June 8th
On Monday, June 8th, our Highlander teams can begin on-campus workouts ahead of the 2020 fall seasons. As we return to on-campus athletic activities, we are continuously making decisions to ensure the safety of our players, teams, and school. Below, information regarding protocols on how we will return is included covering a variety of each subject. Additionally, each team and their respective coach will have tailored information for their athletes, including start and conclusion times, workout and drop-off/pickup information, and necessary equipment for those participants.
Included in this email is the official SCISA document regarding policies on returning to practice for Phase 1 (dated as a June 1 start date). Phase 1 activities on campus at Heathwood will only include Varsity, and prospective Varsity athletes. Dates and times for Junior Varsity and MS athletes will be shared in the very near future.
PRIOR TO ARRIVAL
– Student-athletes exhibiting symptoms of illness, as well as those with high temperatures should not report to campus for practice.
– Students must be re-enrolled for the 2020-21 school year at Heathwood prior to beginning workouts. Students who are not re-enrolled at the time of the workout will not be permitted to participate.
– Only athletes who are participating in the workout are allowed to take part in and watch the workouts.
– Players must be registered for their respective Fall Athletics sport on Family ID before they are allowed to participate.
– On Family ID, A parent must sign the Agreement of Participation and Warning of Inherent Risk forms on Family ID.
– For those with expired physicals, updated physicals will be required for the start of preseason practice by July 30. Those will physicals on file from the 2019-20 school year (including those that may have expired prior to the workout) will be permitted to workout. Any athlete without any physical on file will not be permitted to participate.
- Check-In for all athletes will be held in the Lower Gym. Cars may be parked in the Athletic Center Parking Lot and Baseball Gravel Lot.
- Athletes may enter the lower gym through the back doors. Coaches & Players only will be permitted at that time.
- Masks will be required for Athletes during Check-In. Athletes will need to supply their own mask.
- Check-in will consist of taking temperature & screening questionnaires
- SCISA Phase I workouts allow outdoor activities only. No equipment will be allowed.
- Athletes must provide their own large water bottle & towel. Coolers will not be available
- We ask that all athletes return to their vehicles and leave campus immediately after being dismissed by their coach.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
– The Heathwood Strength & Conditioning Center (Weight Room) will not be available at this time for workouts. Current guidelines allow up to 5 people per 1000 square feet in indoor spaces.
CHECK-IN TIMES (PLEASE CONFIRM EACH WITH RESPECTIVE COACHES FOR DETAILS)
– BOYS CROSS COUNTRY (firstname.lastname@example.org) – 8:00AM
– GIRLS CROSS COUNTRY (email@example.com) – 8:00AM
– FOOTBALL (firstname.lastname@example.org) – 9:00AM
– VOLLEYBALL (email@example.com) – 8:30AM
– TENNIS (firstname.lastname@example.org) – 10:00AM
– SWIMMING (email@example.com) – Start Date TBD
– CHEERLEADING (firstname.lastname@example.org) – Start Date TBD
– GOLF (email@example.com) – June 9 Start @ Oak Hills, 9:30AM